HW takes its content and its readers very seriously. It is essential to preserve the freedom of the press in order to preserve a free society,
- HW will serve the best interest of HW, is keeping itself free from any commercial obligations distracting from this purpose; this is defined by the media itself.
- Any decisions affecting HW on all levels will be made by the editorial board, the adviser is allowed to give legal advice and his/her opinion, but the final decision rests in the hands of the editorial board;
- Only the editorial board may prevent material it judges to be in violation of the editorial policy, from being published;
- HW will vigorously resist all attempts at censorship;
- HW retain the right to publish any and all material attained through an interview by a staff member of the HW, holding that the interviewee was made aware that the information could be published in any form at any time;
- All HW platforms are designated public forums;
- Journalists may use electronic media to report news and information, to communicate with other individuals, to ask questions of and consult with experts and to gather material to meet their newsgathering and research needs;
- HW and its staff are protected by and bound to the principles of the First Amendment and other protections and limitations afforded by the Constitution and the various laws and court decisions implementing those principles;
- HW will not publish any material determined by student editors or the student editorial board to be unprotected, that is, material that is libelous, obscene, materially disruptive of the process, an unwarranted invasion of privacy, a violation of copyright or a promotion of products or services unlawful (illegal) as to minors as defined by state or federal law;
- When you write in all capital letters, this looks (and maybe sounds) to many a recipient as if you were shouting. All capital letters denote shouting in internet communication. Shouting at other users is not acceptable, and your post will be deleted.
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)