Barbara Walters Breaks Silence On Harlemite Sherri Shepherd Firing

sherri_shepherdBabs isn’t breaking a sweat. Barbara Walters broke her silence on Monday, June 30, about The View’s future following the shocking firings of Jenny McCarthy and Harlem resident Sherri Shepherd.

“I don’t know…I’m not sure. I know The View will continue,” the 84-year-old said to Extra’s AJ Calloway at the NYC premiere of A Long Way Down. “I don’t think we have a new direction, yet. I think we have time.”

The ABC daytime talk show blasted back into the headlines late last week when it was announced that McCarthy and Shepherd would not be returning. Walters, for her part, left the program back in May upon her retirement.

“It’s been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on,” Shepherd said in a statement to Deadline of her departure. “I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey.”

Shepherd and McCarthy, who only lasted one season, both appeared to be in good spirits after the network’s decision. The ladies even posted a snapshot with McCarthy’s fiance Donnie Wahlberg via Twitter shortly after news broke.

“My View will be changing too,” the former Playboy model wrote. “As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year.”

As previously reported, a source told Us Weekly that Shepherd and ABC were unable to reach an agreement with her contract and McCarthy’s exit wasn’t much of a shock. Whoopi Goldberg now remains as the last standing cast member (source).

FacebookGoogle+LinkedInGoogle GmailPinterestDeliciousTwitterShare

Comments are closed.