Here is Madonna the “Material Girl” performing at the Celebrity Club with her dancers in Harlem, 1983 (we love the dancer with the flashlight on the right).
At the time the Celebrity Club was on a par with the Cotton Club, and the Harlem World club on 116th Street was just getting started..
Beating her face with make-up in one of her “best” outfits on the evening of June 17th, 1983 in her star chamber. This performance took place right before her mega hit Like a Virgin, in November 1984
- Madonna Plays (fashionable) Housewife in New Dolce & Gabbana Ads (myfashioncents.com)
- Sneak Peek: Material Girl, Madonna’s New Teen Clothing Line! (myfashioncents.com)
- New York: Harlem (highlife.ba.com)
- A Beauty in Harlem, NY, 1950′s (harlemworldmag.com)
- Shop Harlem: Harlem Renaissance Candy (harlemworldmag.com)
- FDNY Investigates Harlem Grocery Store Fire (harlemworldmag.com)
- Frederick Law Olmsted At 105th Street, Harlem, 1866 (harlemworldmag.com)
- Target Finally Makes Its Way to Manhattan! (myfashioncents.com)
- One Dead, four Injured in East Harlem Crash (harlemworldmag.com)
- Afro Luncheonette in Harlem, 1987 (harlemworldmag.com)
(Visited 118 times, 2 visits today)