Kanter’s Department Store, Harlem

Kanter’s department store, whose slogan was “The Store with a Heart, in the Heart of Harlem.” The president and owner of Kanter’s was Nathaniel Kanter, this photo was taken of the store on June, 1943, the address was 147st West 125th Street in Harlem. Continue Reading →

The Dr. John E. Ferdinand home in Harlem

This is the Dr. John Ferdinand home at 230 West 125th Street. It was located on the south side of 125th Street just west of 7th Avenue (now known as Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.,). Continue Reading →