Hamilton Theatre in Harlem, 1915

Constructed in 1912-13 as a vaudeville house during one of NewYork’s theater building booms, the Hamilton Theater is located in the Hamilton Heights area of Harlem. Continue Reading →

Hurtig And Seamon Vaudeville And Burlesque Theater, Harlem 1913/1914

In 1913 or 1914,a new building, designed by the architect George Keister, who also patterned the First Baptist Church in the City of New York, opened at 253 West 125th Street as Hurtig and Seamon’s New (Burlesque) Theater, operated by noted burlesque producers Jules Hurtig and Harry Seamon, who obtained a 30-year lease. It remained in operation until 1928, when Bill Minsky took over. Continue Reading →