Hurtig And Seamon Vaudeville And Burlesque Theater, Harlem 1913/1914

burlesqueIn 1913 or 1914,a new building, designed by the architect George Keister, who also patterned the First Baptist Church in the City of New York, opened at 253 West 125th Street as Hurtig and Seamon’s New (Burlesque) Theater, operated by noted burlesque producers Jules Hurtig and Harry Seamon, who obtained a 30-year lease. It remained in operation until 1928, when Bill Minsky took over. Continue Reading →