Kanter’s Department Store, Harlem

Kanter’s department store, whose slogan was “The Store with a Heart, in the Heart of Harlem.” The president and owner of Kanter’s was Nathaniel Kanter, this photo was taken of the store on June, 1943, the address was 147st West 125th Street in Harlem. Continue Reading →

‘In The Heart Of Harlem’ Map, 1953

The “In The Heart Of Harlem” described as a “cartoon map,” was inscribed from the personal collection of Langston Hughes to Carlo dated Oct., 8th, 1958 by Bernie Robynson. Continue Reading →