The Hamilton Bank in Harlem at 1707 and 1709 Amsterdam Avenue (Between 144th & 145th St.), was founded on April 7th, 1899. The bank was the first in Harlem above 125th Street at the time. NY Times the same day mentions that the bank was taking advantage of the rapidly filling upper west side with businesses and residents “have never had” a bank to draw from. In addition, like the Corn Exchange bank, the Hamilton Bank was taking advantage of the new law permitting State banks to have branches.
Get a copy of the photo here.