The Harlem Hall, Harlem 1873

Just east of Park Avenue at 125th street, the building in the center of this photograph was once The Harlem Hall in 1873.

In an article in the NY Times from 1873, Harlem was as always an entertainment mecca, The Harlem Hall with its cobble stone street was a place for “…charitable benefits, plays and all sorts of entertainment.”

The photo above is dated from 1904, The Harlem Hall now houses The Majestic Hall as well as a theater calling itself The Orpheum. It is referred to now as Loews Theater. The theater was one of the many designed by Thomas Lamb in 1870’s.

Source

 

3 thoughts on “The Harlem Hall, Harlem 1873

  1. Pingback: Trackback

  2. Pingback: Trackback

  3. Pingback: Trackback