Constance “Connie” Daniels, 71, of Harlem, N.Y., died Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, in Harlem. Funeral services will be held 11 a.m., Monday, Nov. 25, at the Mother AME Zion Church of Harlem, N,Y. The burial will follow the services in New York.
Constance (Connie) Daniels was born on April 15, 1942, to the late Willard Duncan and the late Mildred Carroll Duncan. Connie as she was affectionately known to family and friends received her education in the public schools of New York. At an early age she joined the St. Phillips Episcopal Church and later moved her membership to the Mother AME Zion Church where she served faithfully in many capacities until her health failed. Connie worked for AT&T for many years, later she worked as a floral designer and a arts and crafts designer for special occasions. Connie was married to the late Clarence Broadhurst Sr. and to this union there was one child. In 1987 she married the late Theadore (Teddy) Daniels. After Teddy’s passing Connie became the owner of Marion Daniels Funeral Home in Harlem, New York.
Survivors include a son, Clarence Broadhurst Jr. of the home; one brother, Willard (Billy) Duncan of Bamberg and one sister Roxann (Alex) Powell of Brooklyn, N.Y. There are two very special nieces, Angela Soloman of Manhattan, N.Y., and RaQuel Duncan of Bamberg; two enduring special friends, Dottie Nichols of New Rochelle, N.Y. and Desiray McCoy of Orangeburg. The Carroll Mortuary of Bamberg is in charge of local arrangements.
- You Don’t Need Coupons to Save at Brooklyn’s Pizzeria (coupons.answers.com)
- New York City To Optimize Dangerous Streets (myparkingsign.com)
- Shop Harlem: Harlem Renaissance Candy (harlemworldmag.com)
- FDNY Investigates Harlem Grocery Store Fire (harlemworldmag.com)
- Man Photographed in Harlem, NY, 1930′s (harlemworldmag.com)
- Robbery At Citibank In Harlem (harlemworldmag.com)